Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Turn (wish me luck...)

 

As Kylie shared below, My family and I had the pleasure of holidaying in Melbourne. We used to live in Melbourne for 3 years & still miss it terribly (even though we've been back in WA for 5&1/2 years!). When holidaying there, we usually spend most of time catching up with precious friends and visiting our favourite places. One of these favourite haunts is Miss Marples in Sassafras - they make the BEST scones.

IM000064 

Mother/Daughter outing with friends

On our way back down the mountain, we thought we'd pop into Foothills Fabric and Threads to see their newly relocated shop. We went in to buy some DMC thread and ended up meeting this person.

IM000068

Katherine, Janelle, Rosalie and Kylie

I have been a HUGE fan of Rosalie Quinlan for several years (& her Fantastic sister Melly too). Just between you and me, I burst into tears just after introducing myself - I felt like such a Wally. Anyway, she was just so lovely to chat with, and she gave me the Matryoshka Angel I am holding in the photo - Thank you Rosie!

That's probably enough for my first effort - Phew, I made it ;-)

With Love

Janellybelly xx

4 comments:

smileykylie said...

Yay, you did it, see it wasn't that hard was it! :)

Anonymous said...

You have done really well! I still need Melly to help me post on a regular basis. I so wish I had popped some makeup on that day! I Keep forgetting I am nearly 40, Make-up should start to be a daily thing! Anyway, loved meeting you guys. I wish you all the best for your bloggy lives together!!
Rosalie.

Anonymous said...

Well done Janelle - I'd love a copy of that Miss Marples photo - what a fun girls day out that was!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute - bursting in to tears at seeing your hero. I felt that way around Amy Butler and Anna Maria Horner at Quilt Market - but instead of tears, I think I was probably a bumbling groupie! haha...So fun! I'm so glad you have a blog now!!!