Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Littlest Chicken has the Pox!

IM000018

James - 30th June '08

Hi All, I took a break from packing to participate & lead some electives at a conference in Perth on the weekend. Just before I was about to start I received a text message from my DH saying that James had either very bad Mozzie bites or the Chicken Pox - the latter proving to be the case. He is coping quite well with it all. He loves the fact that he will be off school for a week, but hates taking antihistamine - YUCK! Rachel hasn't had them either, so if the timing is right, she will get them on the day we move house (at least she will have them during the 1st week of school holidays & won't miss starting at her new school in 4th term).

Now for some craft!

IM001000

Pinwheel coffee table Quilt

I made this quilt in my 1st year in Pingelly, it won an award at the local Agricultural Show (I actually won the craft trophy that year *vbg*). It has managed to successfully stay out of a packing box - so far.

The last thing I have sewn, in my craft room, was these

IM000123

Fabric covered journals

(for some very special crafty ladies!)

I look forward to setting up my new craft studio in our new home - I can't wait ;-)

With Love

Janellybelly

PS Natalie Ross is having a new pattern giveaway on her blog - go for it.

7 comments:

Joy said...

Eeek!! I remember when DD2 got chicken pox at about age 3!! 2 weeks later DD1 got them, then 2 weeks after that DS and DH got them too! We had 6 weeks of calamine lotion and pinetarsol baths, aah memories. I was sooo glad that I'd had them when I was a kid (phew).
Your pinwheel quilt is gorgeous!! Love the colours!!

Nikki said...

Hey Kylie.. you might want to pop over to my blog to see something exciting regarding a HAT PATTERN.....

(You might also want to email me your postal address!!) :)

Samantha said...

That is just the cutest cake! And I love the quilt!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm sorry for you little ones...chicken pox isn't fun, but it is life! haha...great little journals, very cute. Good luck with the move (I know I keep saying that...but moving stinks, so I know luck is great to have when you are in the process!)

Dawn said...

Glad you liked the cake!...poor love..the pox are awful...Your quilt looks fab...have a great move...so exciting.
Hugs
Dawn x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your fabric covered journals - love the Matroyska prints. Your Pinwheel coffee table quilt is lovely. I am sure you will enjoy finding new places for everything when you move.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Remember those days well.... what a way to celebrate. Love the little covered journals. And the pinwheel quilt.