Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweet Dreams little monkey!

I have a little boy who has just turned 4. He is blessed with a very cheerful disposition, has so much energy for life and so much curiosity for learning, that at times I struggle to keep up! He is happy almost 100% of the time – what a gift! So what fabric does one choose to make a quilt for their  happy, cheeky monkey?

With a summer birthday, I couldn’t resist the bold, bright colours of Malibu Monkeys by Michael Miller. I love the beach ball fabric. It measures 45” by 68”, just smaller than single bed size, but small enough to wrap around the shoulders of my gorgeous 4 year old!

IMG_5636

and sock monkeys on the back…

IMG_5640

To finish it off I had it professionally quilted with a monkey and bananas pattern. I tried to get it in a photo – sorry it’s such a bad one, but I think you can see the dancing monkey and the red banana!!

IMG_5638     IMG_5644


I do wonder what monkey business this year of being four will bring to my dear boy… Here is a photo of him under his new quilt. It was such a hit that he said he didn’t need his ‘blankie’ anymore. We’ll see how long that lasts!!


IMG_5702

 

Many blessings on you Oliver as you enjoy being 4! You are one special little monkey!


Krafty KJ

5 comments:

Elyte said...

What a lovely quilt. The happy quilt certainly matches the happy face!
Did you see Somerset has a 20% off sale. See you there?

Janellybelly said...

Happy Birthday Oliver, we love you lots cheeky monkey!
Love Janelle, Andy. Rachel & James xx xx
PS The quilt is gorgeous Katherine.

Linda said...

Katherine, happy birthday to you son. The quilt looks wonderful-so bright and cheerful i cant believe how quickly you make quilts.
Linda

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a wonderful bright and cheerful quilt! The monkeys in the quilting design is the perfect finishing touch.

tassierobyn said...

Being four is very exciting according to my son who was four yesterday so we hope you have lots of fun. Katherine I love the quilt it is fantastic and I love the machine quilting and sock monkey material!!!