Monday, February 8, 2010

Quilts, quilts and more quilts!

Yesterday my daughter and I headed to the town of Loch for the annual quilt hanging. It was a girl’s day out to remember. Emily had a lovely time and by the end of the day was expert at working out if a quilt was hand or machine quilted. She also was amazed how many quilts were made of diamonds and triangles.


IMG_5735

These were two of her favourites and she wants to start one like the latter, later this year…  Perhaps I shouldn’t have said, “This would be a good design for a first quilt”!

IMG_5739   IMG_5743

These were two of my favourites, I decided I’d like to make a three coloured quilt like this blue, yellow and white one. It had a great range of sampler blocks, alternating with a simpler, common block – very clever.

  IMG_5748 IMG_5751
Here are some of the others we saw…

IMG_5754  IMG_5755

The work on this one was inspiring – must give this style a go some time…

IMG_5741 IMG_5742

And here is the local CFA fire truck shed – transformed into another quilt hanging spot!

IMG_5756

All in all a wonderful day, and well worth the travel time from Melbourne. Unfortunately I heard that this was the last one planned at present as the current organisers have been doing it for the last 10 years. I’d say they deserve a well earned break and a big WELL DONE! But it will be a missed event on the quilting calendar.

 

Happy stitching to you all,

 

Krafty KJ

5 comments:

Andi said...

Looks like it was an amazing day.
Wish I'd been there!!
Andi :-)

Janellybelly said...

Wow, they all look fantastic. Looks like Emily has caught the quilting bug :) She will have a fabulous teacher!

Elyte said...

Looks like a wonderful day was had by the both of you. I hope you shared an afternoon tea somewhere! It is an essential part of the quilting experience.

Kate said...

What fun - I love going to quilt hangings!

Linda said...

Mother and daughter time. What a wonderful way to spend a day together.
Linda