Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zig Zaggy Bag

I brought home a new bag pattern from work on Tuesday night, to make up as a sample for the store. It’s a Butterick pattern – B5449 and comes with 2 bag patterns. It also happens to be in the ‘See and Sew’ range so it’s quite cheap ($5.80 AUD/$2.99 USD).

B5449-1

I chose to make the frilly one first, here is a close up of their version…

B5449-2

& here is my version

October 27th 002

the Zig Zag fabric is ‘Pink Brick Path’ from the Woodland Delight Collection by Paula Prass for Michael Miller. I also used pink cargo drill for the lining and orange velvet trim. My DD has put her hand up for this one :) I hope to get the other bag finished on Friday, my other sewing day!

With Love

Janellebelly2a

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Super cute, Janelle. What a great fabric to make ruffles from!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The Zig Zag fabric is perfect for that bag - looks very stylish!! Glad to see you spend your day off sewing.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

That is soooooo cute.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Bev C said...

Hello Janelle,

I can see why your daughter wanted it. Very cute.
Happy sewing.
Bev.xoxo

Gill said...

Great bag - it reminds me of the swimming costumes I wore as a child!!
Gill

suzitee said...

The bag reminds me of a little girls dress...so cute and frilly! I am not surprised that Rachel has claimed it :)

RACHEL said...

Yes Mum, I really want this bag - so don't sell it!!!
Love Rachel xx oo xx

Linda said...

There you go thats one stocking filler already, put it aside for Rachel. It reminds me of the summer and the beach, oh so cute.

Christiana said...

Super Cute! Fantastic job

Christiana
sewamusing.blogspot.com