Monday, October 20, 2008

It's been a while...

My goodness has it really been that long since I did a post!

So much has been happening I haven't had time to sit at the computer longer than checking the emails.  Poor Janelle has been keeping our blog afloat and moving house, Janelle you're a star girl!


So what lovely things have I been up to?

IMGP0980

Today I sat out on our deck in the sunshine and did some Christmas present stitching.  Some choccy slice and a cuppa with Lucy my canine shadow keeping me company, I was living the dream today.

IMG_4875

What can I say about the Stitch-in at Glen Harrow a few weeks ago other than pure bliss, Katherine, wee Abigail, my Mum and I had the most glorious day.  We missed not having Janellybelly there too, maybe next year...  Here's a few more photos that capture a little of what it was like. Check out Rosie and Leanne's blog for more scrumptious photo's.

IMG_4862
IMG_4868
IMG_4866
IMG_4881

I've had a bit of happy mail too, the pattern for artsy-crafty babe's short and sassy pleated bag arrived.

IMGP0962
IMGP0967

I had to make two immediately in some beautiful Lara Cameron fabric that I've been hoarding until just the right pattern came along. I love Lara's fabric, it's very delicious.  She has just started printing it herself too and you can check out the progress here.  I've had a few requests for short and sassy Christmas presents.....I better get sewing!

IMG_4853

Recently we headed down to the beach for the school holidays and this has to be my favourite snap of our time away.  It sometimes takes 5 year old eyes to spot the magical things among the ordinary. " Don't step on the Fairy Circle Mummy!!" 

The kids and I had the most hilarious night the other evening. After seeing Jet Designs Yearbook photo's we had to have a go, you really must check it out at www.yearbookyourself.com

1960 1960
1966 1966

Those of you who know who this is might get a giggle too...

james 1970

Well I guess I really must be getting the dinner ready, the natives are hungry and threatening to riot.  Promises that it won't be so long next time!

Hugs :)Kylie

8 comments:

Janellybelly said...

Great Blog post Sewing Sister! I can't help laughing at those yearbook photos.
Janellybelly xx

Lara said...

OMG, those bags turned out so cute!! Thanks so much for the mention and kind words :)

Anonymous said...

Well it was a great update after a long break... would love a copy of the Abigail photo...Can't wait until next year.

Carin said...

love the bags! Thanks for the update and the pictures are lovely

Bev C said...

Gosh those bags look great don't they. Although those old photo's are even better.

RebeccaMom said...

I love the new look on the blog! The bags are great- nice fabric choices :)

Margaret said...

Fairy circles, fantastic fabric, old photos . Ain't life great.

Anonymous said...

These photos are awesome! Facebook yourself is so funny! Your pics look great!!! And your bags.... LOVE THEM!