Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gerberalicious

June 15th 007

It was love at first sight when this fabric - ‘Gerberalicious’ by Michael Miller - came into work. I knew I just HAD to make a sample bag out of it. I used Butterick 5367 and came up with this.

June 15th 009

I chose black velvet for the pockets and used sew in Shapewell as my stabilizer. I am not usually a red kinda gal, but this has changed my mind.

I have made some more ribbon rose bags…

June 15th 004

This one is travelling to Katherine in Melbourne

June 15th 002

& this one is winging it’s way to Canada!

I also got to catch with my bloggy friends last week. We had a wonderful time chatting, browsing through craft books, eating delicious food (Lisa brought lemon macaroons & Susan made cherry choc slice) and even getting a craft demonstration. Susan’s creative studio is a wonder to behold, thanks for inviting us over.

June 15th 005

I have a birthday boy in 2 weeks time – the Big 10/double digits! Katherine knows what I mean, her boy turned 10 on the 3rd June (Happy Birthday Joshua). I was asking DS what he’d like for his birthday and he said “Well, I really need a magicians hat and wand, & I’d really like you to make me a cowboy vest” – music to a sewing Mum’s ears.

With Love

Janellebelly2a

4 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like a very productive day - the Gerbera bag is gorgeous - very bright and cheerful for winter:)

How sweet that your DS wants some costume/accessories for his birthday. I remember when my "baby" turned 10 - kinda bittersweet. They grow up way too fast.

Linda said...

Oh wow now i cant decide on the black or brown, no black still i think, gorgeous simply gorgeous. I know all about birthdays at the mo its Joes today and Caitlins on Tuesday, didn't plan that well.
xx

clare's craftroom said...

Love the black and white on the red bag !

suzitee said...

I AM a red gal, and this bag is so gorgeous...I can see why it was love at first sight! "Creative Studio" is probably a slight overstatement...LOL...most of the time "Mess" describes it so much better. How cute that DS wants a cowboy vest :)