Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gerberalicious

June 15th 007

It was love at first sight when this fabric - ‘Gerberalicious’ by Michael Miller - came into work. I knew I just HAD to make a sample bag out of it. I used Butterick 5367 and came up with this.

June 15th 009

I chose black velvet for the pockets and used sew in Shapewell as my stabilizer. I am not usually a red kinda gal, but this has changed my mind.

I have made some more ribbon rose bags…

June 15th 004

This one is travelling to Katherine in Melbourne

June 15th 002

& this one is winging it’s way to Canada!

I also got to catch with my bloggy friends last week. We had a wonderful time chatting, browsing through craft books, eating delicious food (Lisa brought lemon macaroons & Susan made cherry choc slice) and even getting a craft demonstration. Susan’s creative studio is a wonder to behold, thanks for inviting us over.

June 15th 005

I have a birthday boy in 2 weeks time – the Big 10/double digits! Katherine knows what I mean, her boy turned 10 on the 3rd June (Happy Birthday Joshua). I was asking DS what he’d like for his birthday and he said “Well, I really need a magicians hat and wand, & I’d really like you to make me a cowboy vest” – music to a sewing Mum’s ears.

With Love

Janellebelly2a

4 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like a very productive day - the Gerbera bag is gorgeous - very bright and cheerful for winter:)

How sweet that your DS wants some costume/accessories for his birthday. I remember when my "baby" turned 10 - kinda bittersweet. They grow up way too fast.

Linda said...

Oh wow now i cant decide on the black or brown, no black still i think, gorgeous simply gorgeous. I know all about birthdays at the mo its Joes today and Caitlins on Tuesday, didn't plan that well.
xx

Unknown said...

Love the black and white on the red bag !

suzitee said...

I AM a red gal, and this bag is so gorgeous...I can see why it was love at first sight! "Creative Studio" is probably a slight overstatement...LOL...most of the time "Mess" describes it so much better. How cute that DS wants a cowboy vest :)