Friday, July 16, 2010

Sewing, sewing, sewing…

Hi all, my apologies for not posting sooner. With work and sick kids on school holidays, I have been a busy girl.

Without further ado, the winner of the McCall’s bag pattern is

 HOPE

Congratulations, we hope(!) you enjoy your prize and share a photo of the bag you create with the pattern. Please email us your address via the ‘Contact Us’ button on the right hand side bar.

Another drum roll please….. Here is Rachel’s completed Gelati quilt

July 16th 002

July 16th 004

I finished 2/3rds of the binding at the Friendship Day at Parkerville last Saturday, and completed the rest in the evening. The photos were taken at my friend Jenny’s (Jennywren) house. We had a sewing day together on Wednesday. We spent the day creating one of these each.

July 16th 006

July 16th 007

The pattern is McCall’s M6045, also known as The Sylvia Sling by Kay Whitt of Serendipity Studio.

I also received a lovely parcel in the post this week. My Beaufort Bag arrived from Thimbelina.

July 16th 005

It is is use already, and DD has her eye on it too. Thank you ever so much!

My birthday has come and gone and still no Etsy shop! I am so sorry for the delay, it is taking longer to set up than I anticipated. I *should* have it up and running by my Mums birthday (29th July). Thank you for your patience :)

With Love

Janellebelly2a

7 comments:

suzitee said...

Hope the kids are feeling better..nothing worse than being sick on school holidays! Congratulations to Hope...would you believe I've had the pleasure of meeting Hope when I was in NSW earlier this year? LOL it's a small world...she's a forum friend of mine! Rachel's quilt is so gorgeous, you should be very proud.

Hope said...

Thank you so much! It's made my day.

I think I actually clicked over here from a link on Susan's blog :)

The quilt is gorgeous. I do like those colours.

cumquats said...

I was talking today to someone today who was at the Parkerville Friendship Day. It sounds like it was a lot of fun! Great work with the quilt and bags. Kim :)

Unknown said...

I always love your bags and that quilt is so beautiful , what fantastic colours !

Linda said...

Oh no sick kids and holidays as well, thats not good planning. Hope they are feeling better. Your quilt is gorgeous and the new bag is so cute.Have show-cased my/your bag on my blog with your link. Caitlin loved it as did the girls from my work i will have to order another one i think for a birthday present.
xx

T.J. said...

OOOOHHHH Rachels quilt looks fabulous, you are so talented. I hope she appreciates how much time and effort went into making that.
Love the cupcake bags.
xxx

Katherine said...

Rachel's Gelati quilt is wonderful, Janelle. What a beautiful work of art! She will treasure it.

Love that cupcake fabric - makes such a sweet looking bag. Yum.

Hope your household is back to being healthy and happy.

PS I was showing off the beautiful bag you made me to a friend of mine. Lots of ohhhing and ahhhing. Her 8 year daughter is so in love with it that I had to make sure she didn't take it with her when she went home! LOL