Friday, July 10, 2009

Bloggy Catch Up No. 3

It’s always lovely to be able to meet the person behind the blog, well on Wednesday I got to meet 2 more fabulous & creative women for the first time (as well as catching up with one I’d met before).

July 10th 003

Me, Jenni, Susan & Linda

July 10th 001

There was delicious food (thanks to Linda, Bec and Susan), LOTS of crafty talk – fabric, thread, paper, books & samples, and even a demonstration of Artisan Bread that I really want to try in our home. Linda even made us a gorgeous crocheted dishcloth (Rachel says it’s to pretty to use!). Thanks for the pressie & for hosting lunch Linda :)

July 10th 007 July 10th 008

More news on books, I should make a note here that I probably love reading as much as I love all things creative. I borrowed this book from the library and devoured it rather quickly.

July 10th 006

It’s absolutely full of gorgeous, colourful & unique quilts. I am thinking of buying this one for my own collection (as well as the last one). I also received a lovely surprise in the post today.

July 10th 011

It’s the Pre-Publication limited edition booklet of An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon. It has excerpts from the book (which will be published in September this year) and a letter from Diana. Kylie & I are huge fans of the Outlander Series, I’m sure there are more of you out there too! Thank you Taraneh for sending me this, you’re a star.

With Love

Janelle xx

4 comments:

smileykylie said...

woohoo! that's very cool. I have a giveaway post ready to go, I'll post it over the weekend. Love K

Linda said...

Hi Janelle
I will get you the recipe for the bread (and the very easy instructions). It really was great meeting you. I am very inspired by all of the bags you have made-i had a look on the side bar.
Enjoy reading your new book, have a good weekend
Linda xx

Jenni said...

I've used my dishcloth and love it!
Enjoy your booklet.

Berglind said...

Material obsession 2 is a greeeeeat book! :)
Love your blog!