Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Made on the Left

Lisa and I met up at to the Made on the Left markets at the Hyde Park Hotel this afternoon. We saw some fantastic WA designers and their creations. Go take a peak at Little Mo and Friends stationary and gifts, Hurrah Handmade toys and gifts, and Pretty in Purple beautiful handmade homewares (when she puts her stock back in her etsy shop!). I bought this gorgeous Kokeshi button badge by Alison from Mo and Me. Afterwards Lisa and I went to Le Papillion French patisserie for some lunch where I had my 1st taste of ‘Key Lime Tart’ – delicious in presentation & taste! 

          July 26th 012 July 26th 010          

I made another AMH ‘Taxi Tote’ as a sample for work, I used iron on interfacing for this one but it didn’t turn out as nice as the denim ones we made earlier (I think I might try flannelette as my stabilizer next time). The fabric I used is "you got the notions!" by Robert Kaufman.

July 26th 001

It’s almost our Ist Blogiversary (tomorrow I think!), I can’t believe we’ve been doing this for a whole year. We are going to do a combined celebration of this milestone when we reach 100 blog posts.

With Love

Janelle xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your new bag is just great . What a nifty way to tart up that tart , very clever .

Linda said...

Janelle your new badge looks so cute. I have never heard of Made on The Left but it looks really good.
Love the fabric you used on the bag, it looks fine to me. I still haven't made any bags yet ( my dad is not to well)so finding the time has been hard.
Have a good week
xx Linda

suzitee said...

So jealous...I spent the afternoon ironing ;(
Must go check out your links!

TTFN xxx

Jenni said...

LOVE the bag! Groovy fabric choice.

I like the sound of the Made On The Left Markets - I'd never heard of them before. I'll have to keep watch to go next time they're happening.

Bronwyn said...

Love the teal and brown fabric - great bag! The Kokeshi Button badge looks super cute too! Ah...lime tart...my favourite!