Friday, August 28, 2009

Babushka Bag for a Yummy (soon to be) Mummy

August 28th 005

Rachel’s beloved teacher Mrs. K started her maternity leave this afternoon, (there were many tears in our house last night). They had a fabulous surprise class party today which Rachel helped organize. She also asked me to make something special for her special teacher (‘and make sure it has black & white in it, she LOVES black and white”) – this is what I came up with.

August 28th 003

August 28th 004

The bag pattern is an AMH Taxi Tote (from her book ‘Seams to Me’). The Babushka’s are a Melly and Me design – they were made for each other!

It also happened to be the 64th anniversary of Book Week – celebrated in schools throughout Australia. I, like many Mums this week, managed to pull something together for DS to wear.

August 28th 002

James – AKA Zac Power

(complete with Spy Pad, made by DH!)

Both Katherine and Kylie will be at the Babies and Children’s Market (& car Boot Sale) at One Community Church tomorrow – Saturday 29th August from 9-2pm at 184 Surrey Road, Blackburn, VIC. Kylie and Katherine have been sewing up a storm, go along to see (& buy) some of their fabulous creations in the flesh.

With Love

Janellebelly2a

10 comments:

suzitee said...

Janelle, your bag is just gorgeous, and I'm sure will be a much treasured gift. Best of luck to Kylie and Katherine for their stall...hope they sell out! Your boy looks very cute as Zac Power...well done! Us Mums have to get creative sometimes ;)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the Babushka bag Janelle- very stylish for the Mum to Be!! "Zac Power" looks awesome in his costume. Sadly this was my last year of having to come up with a book week costume. Enjoy your weekend - and good luck to Katherine and Kylie at the markets.

rachelmp said...

Great Bag! My son Callum was Zac Powers last year - great books! We had 2 pirates this year...

Linda said...

There you go..my children are older and i am sorry to say that I dont know who Zac Powers is..sorry. Did Rachel have to get dressed up as well?
The bag looks wonderful, I bet Rachels teacher loved it.
Linda

Bev C said...

Hello Janelle. A very beautiful bag. I am sure it will be used a lot and be admired alot. Lovely work. Have a wonderful weekend.

Bron said...

You clever mummy...too much fun to be had with our kids. I really love that bag pattern. Must see if I can get hold of it.

RebeccaMom said...

Your kids look great! and I love your bag- I'm sure the recipient will too :)

Katherine said...

Hey, Janelle, that bag is gorgeous! I love the babooshkas. We survived the market in one piece, and will do it again sometime. Go Zac Power!!

Terri said...

Those little babushkas are so cute! :) Your work is amazing! You're making me want to get my sewing machine out again! :)

our shabby cottage said...

I hope things go well for Rachel's teacher - love the bag you made for her too!